Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Reflection on Drawing


I realized after taking this class that I no longer enjoy drawing for the sake of drawing. When I was a kid I would draw day after day, sketching my favorite television characters, celebrities and athletes.  When I was introduced to digital design and software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Maya, I no longer found sketching entertaining. Now I used drawing in the form of preliminary sketches to be scanned and altered digitally, or as references to be redrawn digitally. My entire Capstone project was hand drawn but was then live traced in Illustrator and colored in Photoshop. Before I model an environment in Maya, I first hand draw a floor plan of how I think I want it to look. Then I redraw the floor plan in AutoCad before modeling it in Maya.  For me drawing is a gateway to creating something much more detailed and complex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment