Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Drawing Reflections

This semester I was able to explore my artistic side. I enrolled in the class because I wanted to develop my drawing skills. Given the choice between painting and drawing, I would always choose painting. My style is looser and more expressionistic. I worked hard to control my drawing especially through the line drawings. I also have improved in pushing values. Towards the end of the semester I have come back to my expressionistic style. However, it is stronger and I am more comfortable with my style. I have also reconfirmed that I like drawing directly from what is in front of me instead of creating my own scenes. I find something calming in drawing what is right in front of me. I really have to take in my surroundings.

I have fully enjoyed taking this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment